Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin coalition formed in 1990 and is led by Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin's area includes Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha counties.
The coalition has four action committees:
- Home Safety
- Airway obstruction safety.
- Burn prevention.
- Delivering Fire Prevention
- Falls prevention.
- Fire prevention.
- Furniture tip-over prevention.
- Gun safety.
- Poison prevention.
- Safe Sleep.
- Water safety.
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Pedestrian Safety
- Play Safety
- Bike helmet and wheeled sport safety.
- Resources available to hold your own helmet fitting events in your community. For more info call: (414) 231-4894
- Playground safety.
- Sports safety.
- Winter safety.
- Winners Wear Helmets.
Coalition Meeting Minutes
Meet some of our Coalition Members!
We are very proud to have the following organizations as members/partners:
- Cedarburg Fire Department
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Trauma Program
- Children's Service Society of Wisconsin
- City of Milwaukee Health Department
- COA Youth & Family Centers
- Columbia-St.Mary's Hospital, Regional Burn Center
- Columbia-St.Mary's Hospital, Women's and Children Services, (414)291-1141
- Cudahy Health Department
- Cudahy Fire Department
- Downtown Health Center, (414) 277-8939
- Franklin Health Department
- Germantown Fire Department
- Grafton Fire Department
- Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.
- Hales Corners Fire Department
- Hartford Fire and Rescue
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids, Milwaukee
- Medical College of Wisconsin, CIREN Center (Crash Injury Research and Engineering Network)
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office
- Milwaukee Police Department, Internal Affairs Division
- Milwaukee Police Department, Safety Division
- Milwaukee Urban League
- New Berlin Police Department
- North Prairie Fire Department
- North Shore Fire Department
- North Shore Health Department
- Ozaukee County Health Department
- St. Joseph Hospital, Women's Outpatient Center
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Center
- Town of Brookfield Police Department
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Washington County Health Department
- Washington County Injury Prevention Coalition
- Waubeka Fire Department
- Waukesha County Health Department
- Wauwatosa Health Department
- West Allis Health Department
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association - Milwaukee
To learn more about becoming a Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin member/partner, contact Lisa Klindt Simpson or call (414) 231-4894.
Oct. 8. Safe Kids Walk This Way
International Walk Your Child to School Day
Oct. 16, 9:30 a.m.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coaltion Meeting
620 S. 76th St., Milwaukee
Oct. 23, evening
Delivering Fire Prevention
Cudahy Fire Department
Franklin Fire Department
South Milwaukee Fire Department
Belgium Fire Department
Cedarburg Fire Department
Waubeka Fire Department
Germantown Fire Department
Jackson Fire Department
Kewaskum Fire Department
West Bend Fire Department
North Prairie- Zazing
Pewaukee Fire Department
Nov. 20, 9:30 a.m.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconin
Dec. 18, 9:30 a.m.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin
Permanent Fitting Stations:
Car seat checks are also available by appointment at local fitting stations. Learn more.